The Scout Active Support Unit (SASU) is for anyone over the age of 18 years. It is a way for adults to volunteer time to Scouting in a flexible way that suits them.
What is a SASU?
Bottom line is 'Its flexible!'
There is no requirement to have been involved in Scouting before joining. All that is required is a willingness to volunteer some time to support Scouting. Scout Active Support is a way that adults can provide support to local Scouting in a flexible way that suits them.
Our SASU is brand new and ready to be moulded into whatever the Scout Group needs.
Examples of other Scout Active Support Units include;
- Programme delivery to young people
- A source of extra adult help in Leader absence. Or they can teach skills that the existing Leader team do not have, such as pioneering.
- Development of Scouting
- The Group Scout Active Support Unit can provide Training Advisers to all Leaders in the Scout Group. This could include delivering Module 1, Essential Information, to all new adults supporting the Group including parents.
- A Scout Active Support Unit can provide catering at events during the year. This could include Sectional Camps, Meetings and the AGM.
You don't need to wear a uniform or be a leader to support Scouting at 1st Northfleet. We offer a wide variety of flexible volunteering opportunities from supporting fundraising events with groups, help with activities or support with maintaining our hall and surrounding facilities.
Why not join 1st Northfleet SASU...
There are plenty of opportunities to get 'your hands dirty!'
- Helping support section leaders on camps or activity days out
- Refreshments at a weekend training session
- Helping to run an annual group fete, carol service or fundraising event for the group.
- Support occasionally at a section meeting assisting the leader with games and activities.
- Act as a Quartermaster or maintenance group for your Scout headquarters.
- Help with promotional marketing, PR/ Media, accounting or professional support
It's not all hard work!
Our SASU will be active socially too! Coffee mornings, trips out, quiz nights and other socials along the way!
So if you are wanting to get involved as a newbie, a current parent or a former member of the group then give us a shout!