After the war the group re-organised and reformed itself under the sponsoring authority of St Botolph’s Church and prior to the early 1930’s Rev. Cook took a keen interest, as sponsor, in its activities.
Around this time two things happened. Firstly, the brother of Field Marshall Viscount Montgomery (known as Monty and responsible for planning D-Day) joined and held a warrant with the group. Secondly, the scarf was changed to black and maroon, still somewhat dismal.
The Vicar remained the nominal GSM until the mid 30’s when Bob Dalley joined the Troop from the Gravesend Salvation Army Scouts, bringing with him a number of boys. This represented a time of change for the group.